My list is not that original, you may find many of these books on other best of lists for 2009, but hopefully that’s because they are good books. I’m behind the times with two of these titles – The Road and Push – but they both left lasting impressions on me this year.
Here you go:
1. 2666 by Roberto Bolano [review]
2. Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
3. The Road by Cormac McCarthy
4. Lit by Mary Karr
5. Await Your Reply by Dan Chaon
6. Push by Saffire
7. The Song Is You by Arthur Phillips
8. The Gate At the Stairs by Lorrie Moore
9. City of Refuge by Tom Piazza
10. The End of Alice by A.M. Homes
(Visited 157 times, 1 visits today)
I loved the Strout and Moore books too. Isn’t Homes amazing? She’s so fearless. I loved her Music for Torching. She must be about due for a new book soon.